The energy industry is alive and well in Pennsylvania. For decades, the natural gas industry has provided steady work in the region. And, in the last few years, the oil industry has rebounded. But these are dangerous jobs filled with hazards that can lead to serious injuries or even death.
If you are employed in the oil and gas industry, you are aware of these dangers. What you may not be aware of are your rights to workers’ compensation benefits if you sustain an on-the-job injury. The Law Offices of Hall & Copetas in Pittsburgh has the experience to help you secure those benefits.
Many Hazards, But We Protect Your Rights
There are many work roles in the oil and gas industry. A cross section of these jobs includes engineers, technicians, construction and extraction workers, installers, repairers, and mechanics. The on-the-job hazards you face can include:
- Fires and explosions: Leading to severe burns and painful skin grafts
- Chemical exposure: Respiratory ailments may arise
- Slip-and-fall accidents: Wet surfaces are a danger, and a slip and fall can cause an assortment of personal injuries
- Defective machinery: Accidents caused by defective machinery
- Hearing loss: Noise levels at work locations can damage your hearing
With more than 45 years of combined experience, our attorneys will do their utmost to secure workers’ compensation benefits for you. Your employer must provide a safe workplace. We want to help you rebuild your life as well as protect your family’s future.