After A Workplace Injury, Don’t Make These Mistakes
If you get hurt on the job, trust your instincts as to what you should do. It’s not always a good idea to listen to your co-workers, some of whom may dismiss your ailment. There are several steps you need to take after a work injury, and it’s crucial to avoid making mistakes that could lead you to not receiving workers’ compensation benefits.
For decades, the Law Offices of Hall & Copetas in Pittsburgh has been a trusted ally of injured workers in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Our attorneys have more than 45 years of combined experience. We will answer your questions and provide simple explanations of the complicated workers’ compensation process.
Mistakes May Hinder Ability To Obtain Workers’ Comp Benefits
Workers’ compensation benefits can help you pay for medical costs and lost wages. However, you may not receive them if you don’t follow certain common-sense guidelines. Among the mistakes people make after a work injury include:
- Not notifying your supervisor or manager. It’s important to immediately report your injury. Leaving a paper trail will help in your pursuit of workers’ compensation benefits.
- Not seeking medical aid soon enough. Your injury may seem minor. No matter what, seek immediate medical attention.
- Not obtaining medical authorization that you cannot work and not saving medical records. Ask your physician to write notes declaring that your injury prevents you from working. Also, save all medical records related to your injury.
- Not filing for workers’ compensation benefits in a timely manner. In Pennsylvania, you have 120 days from the date of your injury or when you became aware of it to file for workers’ compensation benefits. If you do not meet this deadline, you run the risk of not receiving benefits.
- Failing to contact an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. A skilled attorney understands workers’ compensation issues, advocates for you and makes sure you will not be pushed around by your employer or insurance companies.
After a workplace accident, solid preparation is important. You must do your part, and then we can do our part in representing you.
Steering You On The Right Path, Call Us Now
Workplace injuries can turn your life upside down. But after an injury, you need to avoid making mistakes that could prevent you from receiving workers’ compensation benefits. The Law Offices of Hall & Copetas in Pittsburgh wants to help you secure those benefits and make sure you’re on the right path to recovery. For an initial consultation, contact us or call 412-344-1333.