The Steps To Take After A Motor Vehicle Accident
A motor vehicle accident brings a jolt that no one wants. That jolt can lead to serious injuries to you and the passengers in your vehicle. After an accident, it is crucial to remain calm, despite the circumstances.
Maintaining your composure is necessary, because there are steps you must take after an accident. The Law Offices of Hall & Copetas in Pittsburgh is a law firm that can provide the guidance you need in recovering any damages related to your injuries.
Seek Medical Attention, Get Witness Accounts And Call A Lawyer
Many things swirl inside your head after an accident. Yet, if possible, here are things you should do:
- Stay at the scene and check on the conditions of all drivers and passengers. Don’t leave. If someone is injured and you’ve fled, you may face criminal charges.
- Contact law enforcement.
- Seek medical attention and maintain thorough medical records.
- Exchange information with the other driver. This may include names, addresses, insurance information and license plate numbers.
- Talk with witnesses. Get their names, contact information and record their account of the accident.
- Take photos of the accident scene, the damages and any injuries you sustained. It’s crucial to preserve evidence.
- Contact your insurance company. Provide details of the accident, sticking to the facts.
- Ignore any settlement offers from the other driver’s insurance company. It is only looking out for their best interests, not yours.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney. Getting legal guidance is essential.
Our attorneys have more than 45 years of combined experience. We know the burden that a motor vehicle accident has caused you, and how injuries affect your life. We want to help.
How To Contact Us
Remaining calm after a motor vehicle accident is difficult to do. But after you’ve been in one, you still have a checklist of things to do. One of them is to contact an accomplished attorney. The Law Offices of Hall & Copetas in Pittsburgh understands personal injury law. Contact us for a consultation or call our office at 412-344-1333.